Many thoughts about identity, Judaism, teaching, meditation, travel, parenting and more

Friday, May 19, 2006

Didn't make it, but not too hard on myself

I think that talking about my health status on here probably isn't terribly interesting, but it does make a good record for me. It looks like my last post about my health was around April 10th. During Pesach break I slept a ton and I think part of it was still recovering from that cold and sinus infection. Afterwards I told myself I wanted to try to go 2 months without getting sick again. The idea was that I set a reasonable goal so that I didn't feel horrible about myself the next time I got sick. Well, today is May 19th and I'm home again. Just a little woozy with a runny nose.

I'm not surprised. For one, I ate way too much pizza on Tuesday which has lots of cheese and which always makes me a little more vulnerable. All that phlegm. Plus we're in the midst of anecdotal report cards which are very very very stressful. I have to write about 10 a week and they take about an hour or more each to write. I have a total of 32 to complete, plus there is a wedding coming up when we are going out of town, and then my parents will be IN town. So I'm working too hard.

So I don't feel guilty for being sick because it's obvious why I am and the anecdotals are not my fault. And besides, I get to catch up on them a bit while I'm home.

Finally, it's a Friday. Easy easy day. It's a shame to not be there when it's a fun, almost throwaway day anyway. But more important, I don't feel guilty about leaving my assistant alone to handle it.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home